||Leading SAFe Course and SA (SAFe Agilist) Certification
This two-day course teaches the Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale. You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and how to apply the principles and practices of SAFe to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SA certification exam.
- 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
||Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Lunch 12:00 – 1:00 PM, Continental Breakfast 8:00am to 08.30am, Refreshments served throughout the day)
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Support the execution of Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate large Value Streams
- Manage a Lean-Agile Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common process model
- Configure the Framework for your context
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Implementing an Agile Release Train
- Experiencing PI Planning
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Coordinating Large Value Streams
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Intro to SAFe
- Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework™
- Lean Thinking
- An overview of Lean Software Development and Product Development Flow.
- Agile Development
- Application of Agile development in the enterprise context. Business benefits.
- SAFe ScrumXP
- An experiential walkthrough of “SAFe ScrumXP”, focusing on scalable technical, project management and economic prioritization practices that enable scaling to the program and portfolio level.
- Agile Release Train
- Identification, implementation and execution of Agile Release Trains – long-lived programs whereby teams-of-agile-teams optimize quality and velocity delivery for the enterprises larger value streams.
- Agile Portfolio Management
- Agile transformational patterns for Strategy and Investment Funding, Program Management, and Governance.
- Agile Architecture
- Principles of Agile Architecture, role of System and Enterprise Architects, and Architecting with Flow.
- Scaling Leadership
- Scaling Lean|Agile Enterprise leadership.
Looking to request more information?